The Mystery Experiences Company
Solve a murder mystery using the items inside a mysterious package delivered to your door. Each new murder mystery package is filled with items and clues that you will use to conduct your investigation and catch the killer. Each monthly mystery is designed to be enjoyed and solved without any knowledge of our prior mysteries. However, all of our murder mysteries are set in the same fictional town with recurring characters, locations and storylines that connect all of our mysteries together. The longer you continue with us a member, the more you will learn about the dark secrets and history of Port St. James (or Forrest City) and its curious cast of characters.
List of subscription boxes
|Box name||Release date||Notes|
|Archon Genomics||February 2016||
|The Raven: Annabel Lee||March 2016||
|Grave Matters||May 2016|
|The Mad Hatter||June 2016||
|The Dragon||July 2016|
|The Raven: Nevermore||August 2016|
|Bones of Angels||September 2016|
|Freak Show||October 2016|
List of additional boxes
- October 2016 - FREAK SHOW
- You may have seen news reports that the sightings of creepy clowns in South Carolina and other eastern states may be linked to a promotional campaign for FREAK SHOW, our October mystery experience. We can provide no comment on these reports at this time.
- September 2016 - BONES OF ANGELS
- But, this is mentioned by a Facebook commenter as "sold out" in March 2016.
- August 2016 - THE RAVEN: NEVERMORE
- July 2016 - THE DRAGON
- DID YOU KNOW? Next month's mystery, The Dragon, will include twice as many physical objects.
- June 2016 - THE MAD HATTER
- DID YOU KNOW? The photos of the Mad Hatter and the suspect who turns out to be the Mad Hatter are photographs of the same person. We had to obscure the Mad Hatter's face in some of the photos to avoid giving away too much detail in his facial features!
- May 2016 - GRAVE MATTERS
- DID YOU KNOW? In our next mystery, GRAVE MATTERS, you will be able to investigate 37 locations in and around Forrest City.
- DID YOU KNOW? The renovation work at the Forrest City Cemetery in the GRAVE MATTERS mystery was done by Gaveas General Contracting. Gaveas is an anagram for Savage.
- April 2016 - CORALINE
- Later reprinted as Rachel. (Citation needed).
- DID YOU KNOW? For our April mystery experience, Coraline, we actually purchased a haunted doll to use in photographs and as backstory for the mystery.
- For nearly a hundred years, rumors of a haunted doll named Coraline have plagued the nightmares of the children of Forrest City. But is Coraline just an urban legend? And what does Coraline have to do with the suspicious death of Rachel Lancaster in 1923?
- DID YOU KNOW? If you do some online research on Father Theophilus Riesinger from the Coraline mystery experience, you will uncover some interesting information ...
- March 2016 - THE RAVEN
- Also known as THE RAVEN: ANNABEL LEE? (Citation needed)
- DID YOU KNOW? All of the evidence bags and evidence collection materials in The Raven mystery package were actual, "real-life" crime scene materials. They were obtained by The Mystery Experiences Company from a law enforcement supply company that supplies police departments around the United States. Actual law enforcement items are more costly than facsimiles, but we wanted to provide our subscribers with as real an experience as possible. Stay tuned for future mysteries that will involve additional "real-life" forensic materials.
- DID YOU KNOW? The autopsy report for The Raven mystery package was written by a real-life coroner.
- When did the premium experience version come out?
- There were at least four veiled references to the Archon Genomics mystery in The Raven mystery. Which ones did you spot?
- "The Mystery Experiences Company front page." The Mystery Experiences Company, https://www.mysteryexperiencescompany.com. Accessed 27 Nov. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mysteries announcement. Facebook, 13 Feb. 2016, 10:53 a.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/531216540391700. Accessed 27 Nov. 2018.
- Donna Dutkofski. Comment on Facebook post. Facebook, 19 July 2016, 9:12 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/586951194818234/?comment_id=594215667425120. Accessed 27 Nov. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 20 Feb. 2016, 10:28 a.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/534195683427119. Accessed 27 Nov. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 15 Mar. 2016, 7:26 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/542602259253128. Accessed 27 Nov. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 28 Apr. 2016, 4:49 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/562408877272466. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 19 June 2016, 9:58 a.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/582397918606895. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 11 May 2016, 4:18 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/567552476758106. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 21 June 2016, 3:24 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/583160948530592. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 21 July 2016, 10:37 a.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/594799644033389. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 4 Aug. 2016, 5:51 p.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/600717920108228. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.
- The Mystery Experiences Company. Monthly mystery announcement. Facebook, 31 Aug. 2016, 9:47 a.m., https://www.facebook.com/mysteryinaboxdelivery/posts/612193835627303. Accessed 9 Dec. 2018.