BUSINESS OFFICE STAFF
- Time Inc. does not use a traditional Office Manager setup to manage
its business, so we rely on the Departmental Administrative Assistants
to handle a lot of these duties. Please call these people
first when you have an inquiry - - this will insure
you're getting the fastest response possible.
- Go to Benefits or call The Benefits Help Desk x5722
CABLE TV SERVICE (FOR EXISTING ACCOUNTS):
- Call x1616 for assistance.
- If you are having problems, call the C55 printer
technical hotline: 800-520-2552
- You must call x7777 and speak with an IT Service
Desk representative who will first try to walk you through the problem
that you are having. DO NOT CALL ROB HELLER DIRECTLY. To request
help from Rob Heller (the TINM IT Service Rep.), you must call x7777
to put a request in his queue.
Call x1104 when you need help with the following:
- light bulbs burned out
- furniture/boxes moved
(but you're not moving your office)
- too hot/too cold in office
- special cleaning
DIAL-UP INTERNET ACCESS / UUNET ACCOUNTS:
- The Company also has an Education Reimbursement Program that
reimburses employees for other courses or programs not directly
related to their job. You can make the employee aware of this program
for general growth and development. The program offers a 75%
reimbursement for courses at a degree-granting institition.
The employee would pay for the course and then upon completion and
proof of a passing grade would then submit for reimbursement.
FAX BROADCAST SERVICE:
- Time Inc.'s service that allows you to create a list of recipients for press
releases, newsletters, announcements, etc. All you have to do is put together
the list and then you can send out one fax to the FBS and it will automatically
distribute (via fax) to your list.
- Call x4121 with questions or to set up an account.
GYM / HEALTH CLUB REIMBURSEMENT:
- You are eligible to be reimbursed 50%, up to a maximum of $750 in a calendar
year, towards your health club membership..
- The reimbursement policy covers membership fees for employees only.
- The Time Inc. New Media Administration Group will have the final determination on reimbursements to ensure that the policy is administered equitably to all employees.
- Pick up a Health Club Reimbursement Request Form from Cathy Kohler (Room 4255B), or your
Departmental Administrative Assistant
KEYS (Doors and cabinets)
- Fill out a BROWN REQUISITION FORMS available from your
Departmental Administrative Assistant.
On the form include your office number or the number on the cabinet lock.
Have your manager and the business office approve by signing the form.
Submit the form to Security (6th Floor)
- The Media Suite is located in room 4260 in the Time
& Life Building. This room is open to all New Media employees and
other Time Warner groups for meetings and presentations. To book the suite contact Kathryn Prince (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you plan to use the VCR/tape machines and need assistance call
the Audio Visual Department x1750 and make an appointment.
Media Suite has a Mac and PC equipped to run through the large
monitor, VHS and Betacam tape players.
- You must check with your manager and the department
head to approve the office move. Please then contact your
Departmental Administrative Assistant who will help you fill out the
How to send overnight packages:
- Fill out Yellow Time Inc. Courier Request Form (the
only form you need to fill out - get it from your Departmental Administrative Assistant.
- Put contents in any type of package (Airborne, Fedex, UPS, etc).
- Between the hours of 9am-4pm, you can
leave packages in your out-going mail pickup location.
- Between the hours of 4pm-7:30pm, packages can be dropped off at one of the Courier
Request Drop boxes located outside 4267C, or the 6th or 4th floor Reception Centers
- Between 6:00 - 9pm, packages can be dropped off at the Time Inc. Reception Center in lobby until 9:00 pm.
- The Time Inc. Courier service is not to be used for personal use.
SECURITY CARDS - TIME INC.:
- Regular security cards are given only to full TINM
staffers. Temporary employees and green reqs should use
daily/weekly/monthly passes given out by the reception desk in the
lobby. Managers must call x1633 to reserve a pass for the person.
- If the temporary employee or consultant is going to be here for over 3
months, a Service Pass may be issued. The Business Office has to
approve a request for a Service Pass, and forward the request to
the Security Office with an expiration date.
- Send requests for service passes to email@example.com
with a full explanation of the employee, their job, and how long you
expect them to be working in the Time & Life Building.
- If employee needs to attend a seminar for training then it would be
paid for and expensed through Gelco.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Referring a staff member for additional training is consistent with
the Company's spirit of encouraging continuing eduction, whether under
Company auspices or in the form of fully reimbursable eductional
expenses for study at an accredited institution. For total (100%)
reimbursement, however, such training must be directly related to the
employee's current job or to a job the employee has a reasonable
chance of obtaining in the near future. You will need to sign the
appropriate form for the employee.