HIRING AND PROMOTION PROCEDURES
Also see Employment at Time Inc.
RECRUITMENT AND STAFFING:
- After approvals have been obtained to fill a position at TINM, send
preliminary job posting to Ann Rodgers (x2159).
- Ann will contact the specific manager to discuss details on position
(job title, exempt vs non-exempt,salary/hiring range)
- The job will then be posted internally (deadline for each week's
posting is Wednesday at 5 pm)
- If assistance is desired, in-house recruiters may be obtained.
Contact Ann Rodgers (x2159) for more information.
MAKING A JOB OFFER: (See Managers' New Hire Checklist).
- Before making an offer, obtain final approval from either
Linda McCutcheon, Oliver Knowlton,
Dan Okrent, or Meg Siesfeld.
- Contact Ann Rodgers (x2159) with information to send
offer letter (name, address, title, salary, supervisor, hire date, exempt
status, and if applicable-bonus)
- References are important - contact Ann Rodgers (x2159) for details.
- Fill out a new hire form (request from Nancy Miano).
Return this to Nancy Miano in room 4258.
- Employee will be sent a new hire packet, along with invitation to attend
a Time Inc. orientation session, which is held every Monday @ 9 AM, room
- If temporary services are required during recruitment, call the Temp Hotline x2315
COMPENSATION QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS: