After a hire has been made, managers must go through the following steps to ensure that the new employee
has all necessary equipment, etc., when he or she arrives at TINM. Allowing a two-week lead time to get
this accomplished is realistic:
- Contact Ed Strosser to go over the following:
- Managers must arrange access, contact list, and alias subscriptions by filling out the following requests:
- The new hire must go to Time Inc. orientation (Monday mornings, 9 a.m. in room 40 A/B). At orientation they
will get a security card, which they can bring to the 6th floor and get a valid Time Inc. pass.
- TIME INC. SECURITY CARDS:
- Regular security cards are given only to full TINM staffers. Temporary employees and green reqs should
use daily/weekly/monthly passes given out by the reception desk in the lobby. Managers must call x1633 to
reserve a pass for the person. If the temporary employee or consultant is going to be here for more than three
months, a Service Pass may be issued. The Business Office has to approve a request for a Service Pass,
and forward the request to Ron Huff (x1385) in the Security Office (room 664) with an expiration date.
- Send requests for service passes to firstname.lastname@example.org with a full explanation of the
employee's job and how long you expect them to be working in the Time & Life Building.
- TINM staffers can order business cards and memo pads only.
- Ask your Departmental Administrative Assistant for order forms: DO NOT USE A XEROX COPY OF THE ORDER
FORM -- THEY HAVE INDIVIDUAL ORDER NUMBERS ON THEM!
- Always use generic Time Inc. New Media letterhead.
- No rush charges (except for salespeople)!