Presspit and the Pendulum
AmphetaDesk has been highly praised in the media, discussions about the
emerging world of syndication and aggregation technologies, and as an
all-around good piece of software. Below, we collect all the mentions we
know about, for both ego-enhancement and curiousity fulfillment. Know of one
we're missing? Let us know!
Note: This portion is no longer updated.
There are less egotistical things to do, no?
- 2002-11-02: Online - "RSS, Aggregators, and Reading the Blog Fantastic", by Greg R. Notess.
- 2002-10-03: San Jose Mercury News - "RSS feeds are catching on...", by Michael Bazeley.
- 2002-10-03: San Jose Mercury News - "News-reader software can...", by Michael Bazeley.
- 2002-09-20: OSDir.com - Review of AmphetaDesk, by Steve Mallett.
- 2002-09-17: Delaware Online - "You can build a better 'blog', by Leonard Fischer.
- 2002-08-29: The Guardian - "Working the web: Newsreaders", by Ben Hammersley.
- 2002-08-20: LockerGnome - "GnomeDownloads", by Jake Ludington.
- 2002-08-15: LLRX.com - Review of AmphetaDesk, by Steven M. Cohen.
- 2002-07-25: FreePint Newsletter - "News Agencies on the Web", by Sam Vaknin.
- 2002-06-20: Network Fusion - "A better RSS reader", by Mark Gibbs.
- 2002-06-18: AmphetaDesk and the Adventures of Morbus Iff - Interview by John S. Rhodes.
- 2002-06-13: AmphetaDesk Pre-Release Exclusive - An impromptu interview, by #swhack.
- 2002-06-15: Pricelessware - "The best in Windows Desktop Freeware".
- 2002-05-31: Meryl.net Software Reviews - "Get High on AmphetaDesk", by Meryl Evans.
- 2001-10-16: ResearchBuzz Extra #27 - Generic mention (subscription-only), by Tara Calishain.
- 2001-10-10: ResearchBuzz Extra #26 - Generic mention (subscription-only), by Tara Calishain.
- 2001-07-16: TechTV - Download of the day, "The Screen Savers".
- 2001-05-03: Webreference.com - "The Evolution of RSS", by Andrew King.
- 2001-04-07: LockerGnome - "GnomeDownloads", by Chris Pirillo.
- 2001-03-15: ResearchBuzz - "More RSS News Options", by Tara Calishain.
It takes no genius to realize that the success of a piece of software is
dependent on usability, stability, and the love of the users. We've
collected a few tasty responses from our mail box to share with you - each
one brings a little more glee to the darkened closet we hole ourselves in.
If you've got a comment, don't hesitate to email
or give thanks.
Note: This portion is no longer updated.
You damn users are too damn nice to me.
- "Hello, I just wanted to drop you a quick line to say how much I appreciate what you have done with Amphetadesk. It is probably one of the best software additions I have ever had the pleasure of finding. Please keep up the good work." - Joshua, 2002-11-17.
- "Needless to say, I think AmphetaDesk is *great*, and you've done some really impressive things with it. I have no doubt that 1.0 will be solid as a rock." - Roger B., 2002-11-07.
- "seriously, this thing is the greatest..." - Walton Shield, 2002-11-03
- "The more I'm using AD the more I love it - just had to let people know how good it is. Keep up the good work!" - Justin McKeating, 2002-09-02
- "btw, Morbus, i owe a massive hug, kiss and anything else you want for amphetadesk" - talli, 2002-06-25
- "The new icon is nifty too. Gulp! I take AmphetaDesk every morning with coffee. :-) I hope that's the prescribed dosage." - Gordon R. Meyer, 2002-06-20
- "[AmphetaDesk is] rather impressive. In our testing, AmphetaDesk ran flawlessly and it is reasonably fast (Internet access speed not withstanding). Way, way cool and (drums please) it's free! Ten gearteeth out of 10!" - Network World, 2002-06-03.
- "I don't condone the use of drugs, but AmphetaDesk is a good kind of drug and it's addicting... awesome program ... The software gets high fives all around." - Meryl Evans, 2002-06-03.
- "i love a learning curve as much as the next guy, but getting this kind of personal customer-building response from someone who takes such obvious pride in his product will sell me every. single. time." - Ed Murray, 2002-06-03.
- "I gotta run, but I gotta say - I try a LOT of new stuff that comes by, but once in a while there's a real gem that does EXACTLY what you need it to do and Ampheta is one of those gems." - EddiesHomeNYC, 2002-04-03.
- "The short answer is that I don't know how I learned of AmphetaDesk, but I'm glad I did, and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who will listen. Keep up the good work." - Mark Pilgrim, 2002-03-25.
- "I just wanted to say thank you for Amphetadesk... it's just the tool I was looking for. I've been using it for a few days now and am super-pleased with more aspects of it than I care to detail." - Quinn Murphy, 2001-12-10.
- "Absolutely fabulous UI and an amazing approach..." - Klaus Johannes Rusch, 2001-11-02.
- "I installed AmphetaDesk today; it's a great tool!" - Damien Barkan, 2001-10-25.
- "I am a RAMPAGING AmphetaDesk fan. Try it, I think you'll like it!" - Tara Calishain, creator of ResearchBuzz, 2001-10-22.
- "I was thinking of [a logo] for AmphetaDesk: You could have this big stupid desk in the middle of a rave. Wouldn't that be awesome?" - Aaron Swartz, creator of Syndicate Your Page, 2001-10-16.
- "Thanks for such a great program as AmphetaDesk...." - Leo of BORG, 2001-10-11.
- "Best little app I've seen for ages." - Andrew S. Webb, 2001-10-09.
- "It's terrific, something I've long sought and never found until now." - Peter Suber, creator of Nomic, 2001-09-20.
- "I wanted to write and give a big thank you for AmphetaDesk. It is such a wonderful program, especially with the events that have taken place this last week. I am now able to find out what is going on during the day while I am at work. With out this I wouldn't be able to find out what is going on until late at night." - Don George, 2001-09-15.
- "Love the program!" - Tom Hayes, 2001-09-15.
- "Thanks for AmphetaDesk, it's cool stuff." - Marcus, 2001-09-14.
- "I like it. Love it, in fact." - subvert, 2001-08-22.
- "Just wanted you to know that I've downloaded AmphetaDesk 0.91, and want to say thanks for your effort in producing it." - Steven Swernofsky, 2001-08-04.
- "Thanks for your hard work for AmphetaDesk - it rocks." - Christopher Wlaschin, 2001-08-01.
- "Kudos for your work on AmphetaDesk, I just installed it and it looks great so far." - Olivier Travers, creator of The End of Free and WebVoice, 2001-08-01.
- "AmphetaDesk is great -- I've been using it regularly since it was mentioned several times on a computer book author mailing list." - Rogers Cadenhead, creator of Cruel.com and more, writer of a zillion and one Java books., 2001-07-28.
- "The answer is YES!!! I like it. I heard about it on The Screen Savers on Techtv and thought I would really like it. I also teach school (math and computers) at a local high school and thought it would be great for our librarian to have on the PC's in our library." - Judy Quigley, 2001-07-19.
- "Just installed AmphetaDesk and am impressed. Heard about it on TechTV 'The ScreenSavers' and ran out to get it. ... Thanks for a great product!" - Jerry Heyman, 2001-07-17.
- "I wanted to write, and thank you for a great program. It is a lot better than My Yahoo, which I have. I loved to read news and articles and this is loaded with channels. Thank you for taking the time, to put this together." - Lester Hinton, 2001-07-17.
- "... great app. Maybe now someday I can nuke my.yahoo." - Mike Finn, 2001-07-17.
- "AmphetaDesk rocks - highly recommended for anybody who wants to keep up with what's going on in just about anything. Only problem is that it's a bit addictive, and a time-sink if you're not careful." - Martin Brown, 2001-06-25.